Large Junk Pickup: November 21
Another large junk pickup will be on November 21, 2019. Residents must follow Republic's guidelines to ensure their items are picked up.
COMMUNITY JUNK/BULK SERVICE DAY
City of Westwood – 11/21/19
Junk pickup day is day to set out multiple large items. Normal junk pickup consist of hot water heaters, washers, dryers, dishwashers, couches, chairs, coffee and end tables, miscellaneous toys, garage items, tools, grills, bicycles, lawn mowers, refrigerators, etc. The following is a general guideline for acceptable and non-acceptable items, as well as acceptable with exceptions.
- Mattresses and box springs must be wrapped in plastic.
- Lawnmowers must have gas tanks removed and broken down as much as possible.
- Gas grills without any tank/propane and broken down as much as possible.
- Swing sets and basketball goals must be broken down. No pieces longer than 4ft and no concrete on legs or base.
- Mailboxes cannot be more than 4ft and no concrete on base.
- Freezers, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc., must have the Freon/refrigerant captured and removed by a certified HVAC technician who will then tag the unit for acceptable pickup.
- Carpet must be cut into 4ft length, rolled, and tied for handling.
- No construction/demolition debris. This includes, but limited to; studs, drywall, sinks, tubs, toilets, cabinets, etc.
- No large amounts of fencing. A few planks may be OK if no longer than 4ft in length. Must be tied and bundled.
- No concrete, brick, tile, etc.
- No liquids of any kind such as paint, thinners, pesticides/insecticides, household cleaners, motor oils, fuels, etc. Water-based paint is acceptable but needs to be solidified with kitty litter or other granular absorbent material.
- No medical bio-hazards; sharps, chemo diapers, oxygen tanks, etc.
- No electronics
- No large vehicle parts, body or interior
- No tires of any kind
- No landscaping material such as; logs, railroad ties, landscape timbers, concrete blocks, dirt, or sod.
- No yard waste material; logs, stumps, shrubs, etc.
If you have any questions regarding material not list or are unclear, call first to
Westwood's Reach Alert Emergency Notification System
The City uses Reach Alert to send emergency messages or pertinent information about Westwood business that residents need to know.
The registry is FREE for all residents and can handle any amount of contact data from each household in the form of e-mail, telephone messages and/or cell phone text messages.
The system will maintain your privacy and you will only receive messages from the City Commissioners in times of public need.
You can register on-line with a simple 3-5 minute process by going to: www.reachalert.com and using the "Create an Account" box.
DON’T LIKE OR USE TECHNOLOGY?
If you do not have a computer and wish to register, Simply Call the toll free number at Reach Alert. They will register you in seconds. If you do not use text messages, no problem, they will make sure you receive a voice call. Note: Caller ID will show the caller as Nancy Lambert.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the customer service people at Reach Alert. Their contact information is listed below:
Ken Weber, COO – Reach Alert; (877) 307-9313; (502) 235-9697 (cell)
Please contact your City Commissioner if you have any questions or need assistance!
PLEASE REGISTER TODAY.
Solicitation in Westwood
Under Louisville Metro Ordinance No. 57-2009, Am. Ord. 210-2011, any person who conducts house-to-house selling or taking orders for goods or services, must have a Louisville Metro Peddler License. Any person, firm, or corporation desiring to secure a license as a peddler or vendor shall make written application, under oath, on a form provided by the Department of Codes and Regulations. No license is required for any member(s) of a religious, charitable, health, welfare, educational, political or youth service organization selling goods or services to raise funds for their organization.
Vendors in Westwood must also obtain a Westwood Solicitation Permit. Once issued, a Westwood permit is good for one year.
The Permit Application is attached to this post and must be approved and signed by the Mayor. If a Vendor comes to your residence and does not have both permits, they cannot conduct business in the City.