Join us: Social Committee!

Several residents have expressed an interest in more social events here in Westwood!

Commissioner Nancy Vinsel has offered to head a new ad-hoc committee of residents to plan and host events. We’d like to hear from you! If you are interested, please email Nancy and get involved.

Halloween in Westwood

The City of Westwood Ad Hoc Social Group had an informal chat about Trick or Treating on Halloween this year and would like to share the following information:

- lists “participating in one way trick-or-treating where individually wrapped goodie bags are lined up for families to grab and go while continuing social distance (such as at the end of a driveway or edge of a yard)” as a moderate risk activity

o Recommended to wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds prior to preparing goodie bags

- Ways to minimize risk:

o Only trick or treat with members of your own household

o Bring hand sanitizer with you

o Practice social distancing when out in neighborhood

o Wait until you are home to eat treats so that hands can be washed prior

o Wear a facial covering (Halloween costume mask does not count and should not be worn with facial covering) especially if you are unable to maintain social distance

The Commonwealth of Kentucky has also issued a Halloween guidance sheet available at this link:

Run for the City of Westwood Board

Are you interested in serving on the Board of Commissioners?

Commissioners serve 2-year terms. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age, a resident of the city for not less than one (1) year prior to his/her election, a qualified voter, and shall reside in the city throughout his/her term of office (KRS 83A.040(4)).

If you missed the filing deadline, you can still register to be a write-in candidate.

The deadline to file your intention as a Write-in candidate is Friday, October 23!

Visit the Jefferson County Election Center Website for more information.

Properly completed forms and filing fees should be returned by mail to the Election Center.

Large Item Pick-up

The City-wide Large Item Pick-up: November 12.

To prepare for the Large Item pick-up, please visit the Republic Services website:

If you need Bulk Waste/Large item pick-up before then, please contact Republic Services at: 502-638-9000

City of Westwood Directory Update

The City will be publishing an updated directory soon. Please

visit the city website and update your information.

2020 Recycling Schedule

The City recycles on the ODD week.

2020 Recycling Calendar.pdf

Westwood's Reach Alert Emergency Notification System

The City uses Reach Alert to send emergency messages or pertinent information about Westwood business that residents need to know.

The registry is FREE for all residents and can handle any amount of contact data from each household in the form of e-mail, telephone messages and/or cell phone text messages.

The system will maintain your privacy and you will only receive messages from the City Commissioners in times of public need.

You can register on-line with a simple 3-5 minute process by going to: and using the "Create an Account" box.


If you do not have a computer and wish to register, Simply Call the toll free number at Reach Alert. They will register you in seconds. If you do not use text messages, no problem, they will make sure you receive a voice call. Note: Caller ID will show the caller as Nancy Lambert.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call the customer service people at Reach Alert. Their contact information is listed below:

Ken Weber, COO – Reach Alert; (877) 307-9313; (502) 235-9697 (cell)

Please contact your City Commissioner if you have any questions or need assistance!


Solicitation in Westwood

Under Louisville Metro Ordinance No. 57-2009, Am. Ord. 210-2011, any person who conducts house-to-house selling or taking orders for goods or services, must have a Louisville Metro Peddler License. Any person, firm, or corporation desiring to secure a license as a peddler or vendor shall make written application, under oath, on a form provided by the Department of Codes and Regulations. No license is required for any member(s) of a religious, charitable, health, welfare, educational, political or youth service organization selling goods or services to raise funds for their organization.

Vendors in Westwood must also obtain a Westwood Solicitation Permit. Once issued, a Westwood permit is good for one year.

The Permit Application is attached to this post and must be approved and signed by the Mayor. If a Vendor comes to your residence and does not have both permits, they cannot conduct business in the City.

solicitation permit updated 2019.docx